Skip to main content

MY SMALL INSPIRATIONAL ROOM 2016 | BEAUTY, CLOSET, CRAFT & OFFICE


Please View this in "WEB VERSION".

NOW: 5 years ago, I gradually gathered enough ideas and materials to form my own inspirational room in my bedroom area. I have always wanted my own beauty room but since I live in a small apartment, I got creative by utilizing the space I have. I have many interests and limiting to just a "beauty room" wasn't ideal for me so I invented this "inspirational room". Even though it's not really a "room" but more like a "space", I still felt like it was a "room" because of the Kallax Shelving Unit that I used as a room divider. My inspirational room was like my "get away" and my "happy place" where I like to spend the most time in.

Last week, I spring-cleaned my entire apartment and moved my inspirational room to my office room
(formerly a living room). Normally, I like to plan ahead but this time, I didn't have any blueprint of how I wanted to set up everything since I wanted to reach my goals quickly. Despite the hard work and effort it took, at the end everything turned out great.
I love the extra space I have on my vanity table now. I recently added the containers that I got from the dollar store (3pc a pack) with command hooks to hold all of my stamps against the wall. This area is more like my beauty, craft, and work space; 3 in 1.



BEFORE: On the picture to your left, this was my set up. The mirror, I've had it for 8 years, originally the frame was a silver finish but I spray painted it metallic gold. The vanity table has been a long time purchase before it became very popular on youtube because almost every girl on youtube has one now. This vanity table (
Micke Desk) was the best purchased I've ever made because it gave me enough work space and storage to store my beauty essentials. Notice how the table top didn't look like it had that much space? I didn't like the way I set up the florescent light fixtures because it wouldn't allow me to display my beauty products the way I wanted, hence the space. On the left side, I stored my makeup palettes and most used makeup brushes on an inexpensive dish rack (idea I got from Kandeejohnson). I included two separate 5 plastic drawers underneath of my vanity table. I thought about replacing them but decided to keep it to get it refurbished.  


LOVE MY CURRENT SET UP.

I just had to show you guys another picture of my current set up because of the seat. I thought about replacing it but couldn't because of the storage unit. Another great space saver! This seat could use some refurbishing too. I got it from target; sadly, I don't think they made this anymore.



A VIEW OF HOW THIS LOOKS LIKE WHEN I ENTERED THE ROOM.

I KEEP MOST USED ITEMS OR ITEMS I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE TO STORE,
ON TOP OF MY VANITY TABLE. 
For easier access, I flipped the glass vase upside down so that I could put my cosmetic display organizer on top. 



SOME OF MY MAKEUP BRUSHES
I found this idea on pinterest years ago. I love the idea of storing makeup brushes inside of the Apothecary Jars without collecting dusts. These are not all of my makeup brushes or the ones I used the most but they are for displaying because it looks pretty on top of my vanity table. Wish I could've gotten bigger ones though. I like these: Large Pedestal Glass 19" Apothecary Jar.



INSPIRED CLEAR CUBE STORAGE + NAIL POLISH DISPLAY
Back then, I've always wanted the clear cube storage like Kim Kardashian's but found an affordable alternative. I love how this version of a clear cube does not have knobs and it's stack-able. This clear storage is called the "clear 3-drawer box"; it still moves or shifts since it's not designed to stack and hold in place but the squared shape is what makes it stack-able. Right now, it holds my beauty products and some other misc stuff that I have no idea where to put it. I added this acrylic nail display on top so that I can see all of my nail polishes but the only thing I don't like is that it collects dusts.



This Kallax Shelving Unit made my happy place felt complete because it gave an illusion that the office room had separate rooms; one for me, my kids, and husband! I love this removable curtain to hide all of my misc. things and as a backdrop for my YouTube videos. I custom made it; bought the fabric and sewed it. I used strong command hooks (had to cut it to fit) to hold the inexpensive curtain rod purchased from walmart.

WHAT'S IN MY KALLAX SHELVING UNIT? handbags, clutches, wigs, hair extensions crafts, books, perfumes, and a bunch of other things... literally.

STILL A WORK IN PROGRESS...



CLOSED.







OPEN.



OK LET'S TALK ABOUT MY CLOSET....

BEFORE: My closet was a complete mess! It got to the point where I was shoving my clothes behind and in between my hung garments to them on the floor because it didn't fit on the rack. I also had some of my craft supplies and purses on the floor because I had no space to store them. So glad I went through all of my stuff and got rid of things I didn't need anymore. Funny, I have no idea why my daughter's princess peach dress (that I made) was in my closet.

DONATED 5 GARBAGE BAGS AND 1 GIFT BAG FULL OF MISC. STUFF, MOSTLY CLOTHES.




AFTER: STILL A WORK IN PROGRESS

NOW: LOVE how my closet looks like now; minimal and simple. I had this clothing rack for years and it used to hung apparels for my online store. Definitely worth the purchase because of the longevity and it's durable. I got these wide and narrow plastic drawers that fits perfectly with the clothing shelf organizer. I will update this closet in the near future since it doesn't showcase my entire wardrobe. 




WHITE JEWELRY MIRROR STAND


Had this white jewelry mirror stand for 5 years now, same year I had my vanity table. I got this idea from fafinettex3 on YouTube. Definitely worth the purchase. This is ideal for someone with a small jewelry collection though. I haven't gone through my entire jewelry collection and sort them all out yet. Working on it.


CANDLE, BRACELETS, MISC JEWELRIES, & VANITY MIRROR
This space is just extra; I didn't have a place to put all of this extra stuff so it's temporarily on my other work desk. I got the candle holder from bath&body works. I created this easy diy bracelet display by putting my gold bracelets on this mason jar with gold glitter scrapbook paper inside. I purchased the cake dome stand from my local goodwill outlet for 60 cents total to display my misc jewelries. I got the vanity mirror at my local tjmaxx.


OVERALL...
Strictly on a tight budget, I didn't felt like replacing any of the materials that I bought from 5 years ago or accumulated during those years so I did my best to utilize what I had. Sometimes it's all about decluttering your space and rearranging things that will give your room an entire new look and atmosphere. As I get older, having less truly equals more. I'm happy with the way everything's set up. Even though it's isn't completely finished because it'll always be a work in progress, I like it and it suits my lifestyle. I'm thankful and blessed. Realistically, my inspirational room is not always this clean and organized but I try to maintain it whenever I can.

Hope you all feel inspired in some type of way. 

Thanks for reading!








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY: Bling Handheld Mirror - 4 Easy Steps

▲ Finished Product ▲

OPI "CHRISTMAS GONE PLAID" FALL AND WINTER NAILS

OPI "Christmas Gone Plaid". Got this Nail polish for $1.00. This is such a beautiful nail color for Fall and Christmas.
***
- Will upload a picture of the Nail polish here soon. Check back. -
***
My nails have come a long way. Check out HOW I STOPPED BITING MY NAILS to see my journey. I definitely did not start out with perfect looking nails like this, it took a lot of sacrifices and nail care to make it look like that. 
***
Follow me on Instagram @beautybykaonhia






ARIANA GRANDE INSPIRED HIGH PONY TAIL AND MAKEUP

LOVE this Ariana Grande inspired look!
***
High Pony Tail, Vegas Nay in "Grande Glamor" False lashes, Anastasia Beverly Hills liquid lipstick in "Ashton".
***
Follow me on Instagram @beautybykaonhia
***