Skip to main content

SMOKEY EYE MAKEUP: FEAT. MY BEAUTIFUL SISTER

NO BEFORE PICTURES. MAKEUP THAT I DID FOR MY SISTER 04/12/2014
PICTURES HAS NOT BEEN TOUCHED,
THE ONLY THING I DID WAS CROP AND ADDED THE WORDS IN.





PRODUCTS USED:
• MAC Prep + Prime Skin Base Visage
• Coastal Scents Hot Pots: Light Taupe HP-066, Timeless Taupe HP-167, Burnished Brunette HP-215
• Eve Pearl Dual Salmon Concealer & Treatment "Light/Medium"
• L'Oreal Paris De-Crease Eye Shadow Base
• BH Cosmetics 88 Original Palette: ALL MATTE COLORS (Black and Brown)
• L'Oreal Paris Lineur Intense Felt Tip Liquid Liner "Carbon Black"
• L'Oreal Paris 16HR Infallible Eyeliner "Carbon Black"
• Maybelline New York Volum'Express Waterproof Mascara
• L'Oreal Paris Magic Nude Liquid Powder 322 "Sand Beige"
• TheBalm Mary-Lou Manizer Highlight/Shimmer/Eyeshadow
• TheBalm Shadow/Blush "Frat Boy"
• Revlon Color Stay Pressed Powder "Medium"

• Revlon Colorstay Overtime Lipcolor "Rouge"


THOUGHTS:
Last night, I did my sister's makeup and it took me 2 hours long to complete this entire look! It shouldn't have to take me that long but it did and that's because I don't have a lot of experience with applying makeup on others and I didn't want to do a horrible job at it either. Thankfully, my sister was in no rush at all. LOL. I knew that the eye makeup would take the longest and since I was working with dark eyeshadow colors that will cause fallouts, I decided to start with the eyes first. The only two colors I used was black and brown, which I got the idea from YouTube. The colors were a little hard to work with at first because over-blending the eyeshadows would cause certain areas to look more lighter than others. I wanted to avoid that "blotchy" look, so instead of applying the eyeshadows on the lid in a "swiping" motion, I "pack" it on, then use a clean brush to blend out the harsh edges. I chose all matte colors in case my sister takes flash photos and I also added a little bit of highlighter on certain areas of her face where the light would naturally hit. I didn't put any falsies on her since she wears glasses so I just put extra coat of mascara on her natural lashes. My sister doesn't like wearing anything on her lips but I suggested that it will look nice with some color on so I chose a lipcolor from Revlon that I know will not transfer on to anything but will stay throughout the night, even the next day (true story). I dabbed a little bit of that lipcolor to her lips and sheer it out with my fingers. After the entire makeup was completed, she loved it! I was going to vlog about this but I didn't have a camera stand available.

I had a great time recreating this look and I thought it looked gorgeous on her too! It was such a great experience and in the future, I plan on doing more of this. The camera does not do it's justice showing how the entire makeup actually looks like but that's ok because it still looks nice on the photos too.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY: Bling Handheld Mirror - 4 Easy Steps

▲ Finished Product ▲

OPI "CHRISTMAS GONE PLAID" FALL AND WINTER NAILS

OPI "Christmas Gone Plaid". Got this Nail polish for $1.00. This is such a beautiful nail color for Fall and Christmas.
***
- Will upload a picture of the Nail polish here soon. Check back. -
***
My nails have come a long way. Check out HOW I STOPPED BITING MY NAILS to see my journey. I definitely did not start out with perfect looking nails like this, it took a lot of sacrifices and nail care to make it look like that. 
***
Follow me on Instagram @beautybykaonhia






ARIANA GRANDE INSPIRED HIGH PONY TAIL AND MAKEUP

LOVE this Ariana Grande inspired look!
***
High Pony Tail, Vegas Nay in "Grande Glamor" False lashes, Anastasia Beverly Hills liquid lipstick in "Ashton".
***
Follow me on Instagram @beautybykaonhia
***